The Homo Spaciens Society
The Homo Spaciens Society (HSS) is a network of supporters —volunteers, funders, donors and partner organisations—
who, thanks to their kindness, generosity and dedication, are making all of the Foundation's projects possible.
As of today, our society is formed by a small number of founding members and supporters who are passionate
about space exploration, many of whom, as professionals of the space industry, are shaping the future of the next space age.
The Homo Spaciens Society aims to inspire people about space exploration and space colonization
The Homo Spaciens Society is currently involved in supporting and developing the following projects:
- Strategic Plan for an Interstellar Manned Mission. We are conducting a research study which
aims to examine the technologies and investments needed to make interstellar space travel practicable and feasible within the next hundred years.
- Congressional Hearings on the Future of Space Exploration. We are actively participating in congressional
hearings —in the U.S. Congress and the European Parliament— to advocate for “the development of a large-scale global
space exploration program”.
- TEDx themed “Space 2.0”. We are co-organizing an independently TED event focused on sparking discussion
around the idea of what the next fifty years of space exploration may bring, with a lineup of speakers and a room full of audience-members all from the space community.
- Docufiction Film Series on Human Space Life. We are producing a thirteen-part fictional documentary series which explores
how human life in space may unfold in the future, based on fictional concepts of human space exploration and space colonization.
- Book titled “The Homo Spaciens”. In this publishing project we are editing a book on human evolution in space.
The main goal of this book is to outline six possible scenarios in which humans —in their process of migrating into space—
could be evolving into different species.
- Space Conferences and Symposiums. We are participating in several conferences and other gatherings all over the world,
related with space exploration. Among these conferences are: 100 Year Starship Symposium, Humans in Space Symposium and the Global Space Exploration Conference.
The HSS relies on the support of its network of members. If you are interested in supporting our activities or becoming
a founder member, please fill out the form below. Once we receive your request, we will get back to you with further details.
We look forward to collaborating with you and contributing our work.